Sea mossSea moss, also known as Irish moss or red seaweed, is a type of seaweed that grows year-round in tidepools and inlets
Yet, sea moss can also be eaten on its own and is often used to thicken soups and stews.
Let’s take a look at the health benefits of this intertidal seaweed.
- Can support Thyroid: Sea moss is a rich source of iodine and may support thyroid function.
- Support immunity: One of the studies they see sea moss can have an effect on the immune system.
- Good For Gut: Sea moss is a good source of good bacteria and fiber that can improve gut health.
- Good for Weight loss: Sea moss comes with fiber that makes you feel fuller than eating calories food.
Red seaweeds like sea moss contain an array of vitamins and minerals. They’re low in calories, fat, and sugar, and they contain a small amount of plant protein.
- Calories: 10
- Protein: 0.5 grams
- Total fat: 0 grams
- Total carbs: 3 grams
- Fiber: 0.5 grams
- Total sugar: 0 grams
- Calcium: 1% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Iron: 10% of the DV
- Magnesium: 7% of the DV
- Phosphorus: 2% of the DV
- Zinc: 4% of the DV
- Copper: 3% of the DV
What is the best way to consume sea moss?
You can use sea moss in raw, gel, or dried form and add to soups and stews for its thickening effect.
Sea moss gel
- Soak dried sea moss in water overnight.
- Rinse the soaked sea moss and add it to a blender with clean water.
- Blend the sea moss mixture into a smooth paste.
- Refrigerate it until it turns into a gel.
3 side effects of sea moss
Since there hasn’t been much research on sea moss, it is hard to say whether it is safe for everyone. Potential drawbacks of sea moss include:
- Unknown nutritional value: The nutritional value of sea moss can vary greatly based on the environment in which it has been grown.
- Risk of hypothyroidism: Taking too much sea moss can lead to hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid. This condition can cause disturbances in growth and metabolism.
ADivineh2o Offer Organic Seamoss Gel
- Made with 100% organic ingredients, our high-quality sea moss gel can be enjoyed by itself, or be added to your favorite dish or beverage.
- Packed with over 95 vitamins and minerals to nourish the body and boost the immune system.
- Made from high-quality wildcrafted sea moss, harvested from the pristine ocean waters of St. Lucia.
- Free from chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavors, sweeteners, and colors. Organic – GMO-Free – Vegan – Gluten-Free – BPA Free – Made in the USA. 8 Flavor Choices (EACH FLAVOR SOLD SEPARATELY, ONE 16 OZ JAR PER ORDER)
- Ever Smith Organics adheres to GMP standards to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality product.
- (FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease).